Founder and CEO of QFPay
- Tim Lee, Founder and CEO of QFPay, was named by the US magazine Fast Company as “The 100 Most Creative Leaders in China” and was named by Fortune China as one of the “Top 40 Under 40” entrepreneurs. He also ob-tained the Distinguished Alumni Award by the Faculty of Engineering, CUHK in 2017.
- Established in 2011, QFPay is the frontier of global mobile payment with over 1 million merchant partners and 200 million users in over 300 cities. The Group is currently present in various markets across Asia and the Middle East com-prising of Cambodia, Mainland China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, UAE and has continued to expand overseas by riding on the “Belt and Road Initiative”. It is backed by Sequoia Capital, Matrix Partners, Forms Syntron, Vectr Ventures, Share Capi-tal, Zhongwei Capital, etc., receiving investment of over RMB500 millions.
- QFPay has been a global partner of WeChat Pay and Alipay. It is also the offi-cial authorized service provider of mainstream mobile payment platform includ-ing WeChat Pay, Alipay, JD, Baidu, QQ, etc. It has kickstarted its Hong Kong business since 2015 and served a wide range of well-known brands including DKNY, NIKE, Shiseido, LUSH, De Beers, SmarTone, etc. In UAE, in addition to luxury brands, QFPay has provided various iconic attractions of Emaar such as At the Top Burj Khalifa, Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, VR Park and Dubai Ice Rink.
- Tim has been an icon of a successful post-’80 Hong Kong entrepreneur in the Internet industry in Mainland China by building QFPay from a start-up of 3 to a company of over 300 employees. He has successfully converted many “offline” merchants to e-retailers and helped them to transform in the era of Internet Plus and New Retail which is enabled by AI and Big Data.
- Tim has been a frequent public speaker at a wide range of region-al/international forums/events on FinTech, entrepreneurship and disruptive technologies, for example, 2018 Retail Asia Conference, 2018 Internet Econ-omy Summit, 2018 CUHK Entrepreneur Day, 2017 Boao Youth Forum, 2017 Harvard Asia Business Forum, 2016 Goldman Sachs FinTech Conference Asia-Pac, etc. He is one of the delegate members to represent Hong Kong to take part in the World Economic Forum in 2018 September.
- Tim has also been commissioned as the mentor of start-up programs orga-nized by Cyberport and Hong Kong X Foundation which is under Sequoia Chi-na to help nurture entrepreneurs in Greater China.
Committee in HK Organization :
HKTDC Mainland Business Advisory Committee (香港貿發局內地商貿諮詢委員會) 2019 – 2021