Dr. Robert Altman
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP, CHICAGO BOOTH SCHOOL OF BUSINESS; ENTREPRENEUR IN RESIDENCE, POLSKY CENTER FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION
- Robert Altman has partnered with the Polsky Center to offer a new class: Entrepreneurship for Science and Medicine. The course is available to graduate students, postdoctoral scholars and faculty at the University of Chicago, Argonne and FermiLabs.
- He is a broadly experienced healthcare industry executive who has achieved success in mature and emerging biotech and pharmaceutical businesses by providing the strategy, operational excellence and entrepreneurial leadership.
- Altman’s technical expertise and management experience spans commercialization, product and clinical development, medical affairs, RA/QA, compliance, manufacturing, life-cycle management and the creation of highly successful strategic partnerships.
- He currently serves on the Board of Directors for: Toltec Pharmaceuticals (Chicago) – a pipeline pharmaceutical company developing novel therapies that address niche markets exclusive to women’s health, Preora Diagnostics (Chicago) – a diagnostics company developing low-cost, minimally invasive and highly sensitive cancer pre-screening tests using technology that detects and measures cellular changes at the nanoscale level, Output Medical (Chicago) – a medical device company that will advance the standard of care for acute kidney injury and dialysis management.
- He also served as CEO and president of Marathon Pharmaceuticals, senior vice president of marketing and sales at Astellas Pharma, and held several senior positions during a 17-year career at Abbott Laboratories.
- Altman earned his PhD in chemistry from Harvard University, his MBA in finance and marketing from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and his bachelor’s degree in chemistry from University of California, Riverside.